Happy First Day of April! Time is just flying by. Amaya is about to turn seven months old, and she is becoming more and more active. She loves to jump! No crawling yet, and everytime I try to give her some tummy time, she just doesn't seem that into it. I suppose she'll move at her own pace. In other big news Amaya is getting more teeth! This time the process has been a little more painful for her, but she's getting THREE! Two on the top, and one on the bottom.
As Amaya inches closer to her one year birthday, Luis and I have started talking about, what else, HER PARTY! Luis's family is Catholic, and all the kids have been baptized, so we've been talking about whether or not Amaya should be. While I'm not a practicing Catholic and neither is Luis, I understand it's an important tradition to his family. Not to mention I like the idea of giving her godparents. I feel like it sort of supports the idea that it takes a village to raise a child. There's still time to think it through, but not much!
1 comment:
we love amaya's blog! in fact, we've just linked to it from our blog, so others can see how cute she is! we've also been figuring out the godparent thing, which buddhism doesn't really have, so we're going to create our own made-up ceremony. it does take a village, and many friends and family, which is the most important piece.
Post a Comment